1. He said, O Enoch, look on the book which heaven has gradually dropped down; 1 and, reading that which is written in it, understand every part of it.
2. Then I looked on all which was written, and understood all, reading the book and everything written in it, all the works of man;
3. And of all the children of flesh upon earth, during the generations of the world.
4. Immediately after I blessed the Lord, the King of glory, who has thus for ever formed the whole workmanship of the world.
5. And I glorified the Lord, on account of his long-suffering and blessing towards the children of the world.
6. At that time I said, Blessed is the man, who shall die righteous and good, against whom no catalogue of crime has been written, and with whom iniquity is not found.
7. Then those three holy ones caused me to approach, and placed me on the earth, before the door of my house.
8. And they said unto me, Explain everything to Mathusala thy son; and inform all thy children, that no flesh shall be justified before the Lord; for he is their Creator.
9. During one year we will leave thee with thy children, until thou shalt again recover thy strength, that thou mayest instruct thy family, write these things, and explain them to all thy children. But in another year they shall take thee from the midst of them, and thy heart shall be strengthened; for the elect shall point out righteousness to the elect; the righteous with the righteous shall rejoice, congratulating each other; but sinners with sinners shall die,
10. And the perverted with the perverted shall be drowned.
11. Those likewise who act righteously shall die on account of the works of man, and shall be gathered together on account of the works of the wicked.
12. In those days they finished conversing with me.
13. And I returned to my fellow men, blessing the Lord of worlds.