1. In those days Uriel answered and said to me, Behold, I have showed thee all things, O Enoch;
2. And all things have I revealed to thee. Thou seest the sun, the moon, and those which conduct the stars of heaven, which cause all their operations, seasons, and arrivals to return.
3. In the days of sinners the years shall be shortened.
4. Their seed shall be backward in their prolific soil; and everything done on earth shall be subverted, and disappear in its season. The rain shall be restrained, and heaven shall stand still.
5. In those days the fruits of the earth shall be late, and not flourish in their season; and in their season the fruits of the trees shall be withholden.
6. The moon shall change its laws, and not be seen at its proper period. But in those days shall heaven be seen; and barrenness shall take place in the borders of the great chariots in the west. Heaven shall shine more than when illuminated by the orders of light; while many chiefs among the stars of authority shall err, perverting their ways and works.
7. Those shall not appear in their season, who command them, and all the classes of the stars shall be shut up against sinners.
8. The thoughts of those who dwell on earth shall transgress within them; and they shall be perverted in all their ways.
9. They shall transgress, and think themselves gods; while evil shall be multiplied among them.
10. And punishment shall come upon them, so that all of them shall be destroyed.