1. After this judgment they shall be astonished and irritated; for it shall be exhibited to the inhabitants of the earth.
2. Behold the names of those angels. These are their names. The first of them is Samyaza; the second, Arstikapha: the third, Armen; the fourth, Kakabael; the fifth, Turel; the sixth, Rumyel; the seventh, Danyal; the eighth, Kael; the ninth, Barakel; the tenth, Azazel; the eleventh, Armers; the twelfth, Bataryal; the thirteenth, Basasael; the fourteenth, Ananel; the fifteenth, Turyal; the sixteenth, Simapiseel; the seventeenth, Yetarel; the eighteenth, Tumael; the nineteenth, Tarel; the twentieth, Rumel; the twenty-first, Azazyel.
3. These are the chiefs of their angels, and the names of the leaders of their hundreds, and the leaders of their fifties, and the leaders of their tens.
4. The name of the first is Yekun: he it was who seduced all the sons of the holy angels; and causing them to descend on earth, led astray the offspring of men.
5. The name of the second is Kesabel, who pointed out evil counsel to the sons of the holy angels, and induced them to corrupt their bodies by generating mankind.
6. The name of the third is Gadrel: he discovered every stroke of death to the children of men.
7. He seduced Eve; and discovered to the children of men the instruments of death, the coat of mail, the shield, and the sword for slaughter; every instrument of death to the children of men.
8. From his hand were these things derived to them who dwell upon earth, from that period for ever.
9. The name of the fourth is Penemue: he discovered to the children of men bitterness and sweetness;
10. And pointed out to them every secret of their wisdom.
11. He taught men to understand writing, and the use of f ink and paper.
12. Therefore numerous have been those who have gone astray from every period of the world, even to this day.
13. For men were not born for this, thus with pen and with ink to confirm their faith;
14. Since they were not created, except that, like the angels, they might remain righteous and pure.
15. Nor would death, which destroys everything, have affected them;
16. But by this their knowledge they perish, and by this also its power consumes them.
17. The name of the fifth is Kasyade: he discovered to the children of men every wicked stroke of spirits and of demons:
18. The stroke of the embryo in the womb, to diminish it; the stroke of the spirit by the bite of the serpent, and the stroke which is given in the mid-day by the offspring of the serpent, the name of which is Tabaet.
19. This is the number of the Kesbel; the principal part of the oath which the Most High, dwelling in glory, revealed to the holy ones.
20. Its name is Beka. He spoke to holy Michael to discover to them the sacred name, that they might understand that secret name, and thus remember the oath; and that those who pointed out every secret thing to the children of men might tremble at that name and oath.
21. This is the power of that oath; for powerful it is, and strong.
22. And he established this oath of Akae by the instrumentality of the holy Michael.
23. These are the secrets of this oath, and by it were they confirmed.
24. Heaven was suspended by it before the world was made, for ever.
25. By it has the earth been founded upon the flood; while from the concealed parts of the hills the agitated waters proceed forth from the creation to the end of the world.
26. By this oath the sea has been formed, and the foundation of it.
27. During the period of its fury he has established the sand against it, which continues unchanged for ever; and by this oath the abyss has been made strong; nor is it removable from its station for ever and ever.
28. By this oath the sun and moon complete their progress, never swerving from the command given to them for ever and ever.
29. By this oath the stars complete their progress;
30. And when their names are called, they return an answer, for ever and ever.
31. Thus in the heavens take place the blowings of the winds: all of them have breathings, and effect a complete combination of breathings.
32. There the treasures of thunder are kept, and the splendour of the lightning.
33. There are kept the treasures of hail and of frost, the treasures of snow, the treasures of rain and of dew.
34. All these confess and laud before the Lord of spirits.
35. They glorify with all their power of praise; and he sustains them in all that act of thanksgiving; while they laud, glorify, and exalt the name of the Lord of spirits for ever and ever.
36. And with them he establishes this oath, by which they and their paths are preserved; nor does their progress perish.
37. Great was their joy.
38. They blessed, glorified, and exalted, because the name of the Son of man was revealed to them.
39. He sat upon the throne of his glory; and the principal part of the judgment was assigned to him, the Son of man. Sinners shall disappear and perish from the face of the earth, while those who seduced them shall be bound with chains for ever.
40. According to their ranks of corruption shall they be imprisoned, and all their works shall disappear from the face of the earth; nor thenceforward shall there be any to corrupt; for the Son of man has been seen, sitting on the throne of his glory.
41. Everything wicked shall disappear, and depart from before his face; and the word of the Son of man shall become powerful in the presence of the Lord of spirits.
42. This is the third parable of Enoch.