1. They consider how the trees, when they put forth their green leaves, become covered, and produce fruit; understanding everything, and knowing that He who lives for ever does all these things for you:
2. That the works at the beginning of every existing year, that all his works, are subservient to him, and invariable; yet as God has appointed, so are all things brought to pass.
3. They see, too, how the seas and the rivers together complete their respective operations:
4. But you endure not patiently, nor fulfil the commandments of the Lord; but you transgress and calumniate his greatness; and malignant are the words in your polluted mouths against his Majesty.
5. Ye withered in heart, no peace shall be to you!
6. Therefore your days shall you curse, and the years of your lives shall perish; perpetual execration shall be multiplied, and you shall not obtain mercy.
7. In those days shall you resign your peace with the eternal maledictions of all the righteous, and sinners shall perpetually execrate you;
8. Shall execrate you with the ungodly.
9. The elect shall possess light, joy, and peace; and they shall inherit the earth.
10. But you, ye unholy, shall be accursed.
11. Then shall wisdom be given to the elect, all of whom shall live, and not again transgress by impiety or pride; but shall humble themselves, possessing prudence, and shall not repeat transgression.
12. They shall not be condemned the whole period of their lives, nor die in torment and indignation; but the sum of their days 1 shall be completed, and they shall grow old in peace; while the years of their happiness shall be multiplied with joy, and with peace, for ever, the whole duration of their existence.