1. There my eyes beheld a deep valley; and wide was its entrance.
2. All who dwell on land, on the sea, and in islands, shall bring to it gifts, presents, and offerings; yet that deep valley shall not be full. Their hands shall commit iniquity. Whatsoever they produce by labour, the sinners shall devour with crime. But they shall perish front the face of the Lord of spirits, and from the face of his earth. They shall stand up, and shall not fail for ever and ever.
3. I beheld the angels of punishment, who were dwelling there, and preparing every instrument of Satan.
4. Then I inquired of the angel of peace, who proceeded with me, for whom those instruments were preparing.
5. He said, These they are preparing for the kings and powerful ones of the earth, that thus they may perish.
6. After which the righteous and chosen house of his congregation shall appear, thenceforward unchangeable, in the name of the Lord of spirits.
7. Nor shall those mountains exist in his presence, as the earth and the hills, as the fountains of water exist. And the righteous shall be relieved from the vexation of sinners.