1. They raised me up into a certain place, where there was the appearance of a burning fire; and when they pleased they assumed the likeness of men.
2. They carried me to a lofty spot, to a mountain, the top of which reached to heaven.
3. And I beheld the receptacles of light and of thunder at the extremities of the place, where it was deepest. There was a bow of fire, and arrows in their quiver, a sword of fire, and every species of lightning.
4. Then they elevated me to a babbling stream, and to a fire in the west, which received all the setting of the sun. I came to a river of fire, which flowed like water, and emptied itself into the great sea westwards.
5. I saw every large river, until I arrived at the great darkness. I went to where all of flesh migrate; and I beheld the mountains of the gloom which constitutes winter, and the place from which issues the water in every abyss.
6. I saw also the mouths of all the rivers in the world, and the mouths of the deep.